Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back to School - Cool Blue

Hello lovely ladies (and gentlemen - if there are any...)

Today I am going to show you a fun and cute card that I made for my niece. She lives in Alberta, Canada and has already gone back to school but I haven't mailed this off yet. What can I say, better late than never.

I always like to get my nieces a little something for back to school. This year was no differrent. I phoned my sister and asked what she thought I should get for my niece this year. She is 9. She said that the best thing I could do was to make her some beaded bracelets and send them up. (I was with my niece in the summer and we made beaded stretchy bracelets and apparantly she has not taken hers off since we saw her. LOL) So thats what I did. I made about 10 of them and they are going in the mail today.

Here is the card that will accompany them :


Blue is my niece's favourite color so I hope she likes this.
Here is a quick snapshot of the inside :


I used the sketch from The Sweetest Thing :
(flipped on it's side)

I am also entering this card in the following challenges :
Wee Memories : Back to school
Totally Gorjuss : As you like
Stamp Something : Back to school

Okay, well I better run!!
Have a great day.

~Alexis



3 comments:

  1. She is just so sweet! I love the sketch turned on its side and the sentiment tucked down the side is really cute. Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at that amazing coloring!!!! Such an adorable image to use. Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, and your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at the Wee Memories Challenge!

    ReplyDelete