Saturday, December 4, 2010

Birthday Boys

Happy Saturday Everyone,

I have been up to my ears in Christmas cards lately so this mornings craft session was a much needed break. This morning I have 2 cards to show you. My mom asked me if I could make her a few cards to give to my brothers for their birthdays.
(I know  - December birthdays - uggg)

So here is what I came up with :
This first one is for my brother, Eli.
I used the challenge from A Sketch For You To Try
This week they wanted for us to pick a fave sketch from the past and run with it. I chose this sketch  :



And my favorite detail on the card :

I love these large grommets but I don't use them very often because I have to pull out a few tools and take the card outside to wack it on the hard concrete...
they are just kind of fussy. But I do love them!!

And for my other brother, I used the sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges
(a bit tweeked)



My brother is quite the handy man and just helped my parents reno their kitchen so I know this card will be a hit.
Here's a close-up of the Copic coloring


Okay well, we are off to the Disney On Ice and then on to my husband's mom's house to visit a new edition to our family.
(My husband's cousin just had their first baby, and we haven't met her yet, so I'm so excited - love babies) Gotta run,
Have a great weekend.
~Alexis

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards! Love the personalization on our SFYTT and the tools on the second are darling! Thanks for playing along in the SFYTT challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Alexis and hope Disney was fun! See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I love the tools!!! And a great way to incorporate a name in the first card... and the HB sentiment is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete