Sunday, March 27, 2011

A hug...

Good Morning Ladies (and gentlemen?)

I love Sunday mornings. I wake up early so I have a quiet house and I roam through all my fave blogs and catch up while having a cup of tea. Ahhh, what a great way start the day.
This moning I want to post a card that I made yesterday. I don't have alot of time because my mom and I are heading out for a hike this morning and I'm just waiting for her call, so let's jump right to it.

The current challenge over at OCC is to incorporate a ATC - Artist Trading Card.
A little ATC info in case you don't know what they are :

They always measure 2.5 x 3.5".
They were started by imitating baseball, other sports cards and playing cards, thus the size.
They are often traded but are not supposed to be sold. An ATC created for sale is usually called an ACEO, 'Art Cards, Editions and Originals'.

And they also wanted us to incorporate a color scheme :
I went with kraft, cream, brown, and aqua

I just love this saying. It's so cute and so true!!
And I love these tiny clothes pins. Too cute!!

I also took the inspiration for this card from the current Case Study Challenge.
Here is the muse's card :

and here is my take :

I am also submitting this card for the EIC challenge.
Here is the photo I choose to be inspired by :
You can find this necklace and other at Fresh Metal Jewellery

Well, I hope you like my take on these varous inspirations. And I hope you have a fabulous day.

See you soon,
~Alexis

9 comments:

  1. Love the clothespins. The colors go so well with the inspiration piece. So nice to see you playing with us at Etsy Inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable, great way to combine challenges...have a super evening!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job of combining all the ATC requirements - love your color choices. Your ATC looks wonderful mounted on the larger card! So glad you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. Good luck on your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with Etsy this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really marvelous ATC! Love the colors, they are sofaithful tothe inspiratio piece. Terrific project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great colors and fabulous design! That aqua bow is so eye catching and the flower is darling! (Love the cork layer!) Great job! So glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is marvelous! I love the cork flower touch and the little clothes pins are adorable. Thanks for playing along this week at the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous detail on this card! So beautiful!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete